Sunday, November 20, 2005

Pause?

Sometimes I keep checking to see if there is a pause button in life. It's always quite a shock when you travel, get sick, or someone dies that the world does not stop and grieve, rejoice, what have you, alongside. It is in a true and rare friend that you will find this solace. I love you Amy & Whitney.

It's easy to see something you don't understand in a negative light ... such as those convictions/callings, etc. which prompt you to ask "God, why are you so slow?" and "What's going on here?"

So often, I feel as if I really need to know the answer RIGHT NOW, but that's really not the case. Very few life things must be acted upon immediately, poorly appropriated urgency can be a nasty vice.

I guess this is another control issue ... as I was originally beginning to type what is above I ended up typing this section first. The only place there is a pause button that I'm really familiar with is on the remote control. It's funny because you have to surrender control of life as you're going full speed - it seems like a scary turn over, but it's the most peaceful thing you'll ever find.

2 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

amen.

i was browsing your favorite things - i LOVE Kashi too!!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

It's SO good ... especially with blueberries!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home