Monday, November 07, 2005

On Exciting Things

If someone were to ask me to recommend an exciting piece of literature that really made an impact on me I would have no doubt about my answer.

Although I might begin to recall many fantastic imaginative images and feelings such as the terror and awe evoked from being trapped on a small escape boat with a hyena, an orang-utan, a zebra, and a 450-pound Royal Bengal tiger and think to myself, "well, that really would get the nerves going (Life of Pi), nothing quite compares to books for the common scientist-man on Theoretical Physics.

So with high acclaim, I suggest a reading of Stephen Hawking's The Universe in a Nutshell and Richard Feynman's What Do You Care What Other People Think?.

Beyond human relationships, there is nothing better than expanding your mind, the way you view things, how you process information ... I even put running outside in October behind this.
- Of course this pursuit can make even more profound the deepest of friendships.

So go ... go buy a house in Charleston place and set out two rocking chairs. Invite a close friend over nightly, just go ahead and marry your best friend, either way, rock the nights away in your lovely chairs beneath the spinning fan, listen to 40's mousic, sip Chardonnay or hot coacoa, as the season allows, talk, read, debate, love.

This is living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home