Thursday, February 14, 2008

Recent happenings, in photos









My classmates and I took advantage of the Society for Neuroscience meeting being in San Diego and headed off to the Zoo in Balboa park the day before everything sciency got started. My favorite part: riding the "Skyfari" ... it's like a ski-lift that takes you diagonally from the large cats to the macaques all the way across the zoo.

We also began what we hope to become an annual tradition of a bracketed checkers tournament during Thanksgiving at the Buffingtons'. Grandpa Fennel and Jesse were by far the most fierce competitors.

We thought about using this picture on our Christmas cards but then thought better of it. We love having such a fun grocery store in HEB which is just a mile away and carries all sorts of unique items ... like a Heineken pony keg!

Did you know that Phillips 66 was the first to make commercial aviation fuel and still hosts a majority of the market today?

One of our best friends, Alan, is not only one class away from being an aeronautical engineer, but he is also a pilot! Jesse arranged with Alan for him to take me up on my first private flight - it was so exciting, I can't wait to head up in the skies again!

We have one very happy little doggy.

So, things are very well here at 2106 and Jesse & I are actually celebrating our 4th anniversary from our very first date in 2004 today (2/14/08).

Love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

SHELLY! I found your blog. Ok, these are not recent happenings, so you should catch up! Who am I to talk- I rarely write in mine anymore.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home