Thursday, July 19, 2007

My brain!


An interesting opportunity came my way this past Wednesday. Our group, the De Biasi group at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM), does a lot of really cool research all focused around the neurobiology of addiction. The lab is divided into 2 distinct sorts of studies - molecular & behavioral. As a chemist, I love working on the molecular side of things! Others observe the behavior and neurobiology of mice while on addictive drugs. This research is all leading to future applications to humans - which is where we're headed now.

The Human Neuroimaging Laboratory (HNL) at BCM has a 3 Tesla magnet (wow!) they use to perform the most high-quality MRI imaging in research today. As you can see from the picture, I got to be a test-subject this week! It just really amazes me that man has been able to design such incredible technology! God is so good giving us just the right minds at just the right time. Fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home