Sunday, October 08, 2006

October


Fall is by far my favorite season: I love the color palette of the leaves, the chilly nights and perfect running-temperature days, college football (GO HOGS!!!), beginning to anticipate the holidays, having an excuse to light up the fire place, cooking home-made stew and biscuits, hiking, taking walks around downtown Fayetteville, little-league soccer games, everything - wow ... this is the most wonderful time of year!

Jesse & I went home to visit my family this weekend, and I loved it (however, it always seems just a little too short and I am pondering whether it is because all of the incredible memories or because of everything left to be done).

On Saturday, I attended my first field trip during my years at the U of A - my dad accompanied me to the Tulsa Zoo in order to observe the primates. This semester, I am taking an honors colloquium class called "Primate Behavioral Ecology" and I have been surprised at how much I enjoy the course. My awesome community group, of course, had to pray for me concerning a REALLY tough paper (timing wise) I had to complete in there, and that was a blessing, too! We were certainly made for community.

We're having a lot of fun planning out everything for the wedding etc. Brett & Elise Harkey are going to be meeting with us for marriage counseling, so that should be really awesome. Jesse & my friendship is growing so close, it's amazing. Can't wait to see everyone in January!

Grad. school applications are due in January also, but I'm trying to get those in by next week or so. Can't wait to get positive paperwork back on all of that, but I don't think that will come until Spring ... so I'll just have to be trusting the Lord concerning that - awesome, he's faithful. Why can that be so easy to forget?

Biking sounds like a great afternoon activity. Sorry for the major delay in updating this page!!! More soon.

Much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home